Monday 14 March 2011

Finishing Touches!

We are in the process of putting our house on the market and I am having a ball! I know it wont last for long as soon the stress of viewings & fees & finance will set in but until then I'm having fun. I've put my Kirsty & Phil hat on & mixed in a bit of 'Changing Rooms' and am busy pottering from room to room adding little somethings to catch the eye of a buyer We are nearly there with the boring bits like filling in holes, tidying, de cluttering & re painting & now its finishing touches time. I am loving it, think I could actually do this as a job, maybe I should call up Lawrence and re invent Changing Rooms as Muddy Puddle Makeovers?
The downstairs loo now has a 'garden' theme going on......pretty bunting, a new room spray & tissue box, a new soap dispenser and a heart (courtesy of Oh Sew Lovelys Giveaway). The bathroom gets a Cath bar of soap that I had for Christmas & cant bear to open!

The hall now has a dinky oak table I found in a local junk shop and the plaque I made at ceramics class looks fab by the back door. I have made a feature of one of my hand bags rather than chucking it in the corner of my bedroom and the lounge gets a rug to cover the tired carpet (courtesy of John Lewis vouchers we had as a Christmas gift)
The driveway now has 3 little pots hanging on the garage to greet you, as does the front door. The conservatory has been treated to not only a new plant but a free pot too and the kitchen window sill now has a jasmine hoop which is just showing signs of flowering!
Hope it all helps, just need the fresh flowers on viewing days and hey presto, buyers I'm ready for you!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Looks lovely-I think you should stay! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you won't want to move now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I buy your house please!! Looks lovely! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful - wouldn't mind a viewing myself! the best selling point though is the fabulous view from the kitchen - not overlooked, countryside, fields - space - don't forget to mention that as it would be an instant sale for me! Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks lovely Jo, I really like your house plaque, gorgeous. I hope that you get lots of viewers...

    ReplyDelete